Director of Digital Strategy
As Director of Digital Strategy, you will work with and lead a digital team to help define scope and recommendations for our higher education clients’ digital campaigns. Digital tactics include Paid Search, Social Media, Retargeting, Display Campaigns, Video Pre-roll, and IP and Device Targeting. Reporting to the Vice President, Digital Operations and Strategy, you will play an advisory role on client engagements, serving as a digital strategy advisor to the Senior Digital Advertising Specialist as well as the client. You will serve as thought leader in aligning digital marketing strategy with a client’s business goals and objectives and drive high-level discussions to make strategy recommendations based on the identified client goals. The candidate will thrive on a rapidly growing team and enjoys a fast-paced environment, valuing teamwork and shared success.
- Architect digital strategies driven by our clients’ business marketing goals and objectives
- Identify digital opportunities and map out the inputs needed to develop an effective digital marketing and tactical strategy
- Work collaboratively with the Account Managers to manage client relationships as related to paid search strategy, team, and performance
- Play a key role to strengthen and expand business with current clients and help build digital relationships with new clients
- Perform research, analyze data, and develop key insights and action plans based on campaign results and provide recommendations for budgetary adjustments
- Oversee and ensure that ongoing account maintenance/optimization activities are consistent with the goals of the campaign
- Ensure that all client reporting properly communicates the goals of the campaign and effectively positions key takeaways, recommendations, and next steps
- Drive adoption of standards, supporting digital best practices and key digital metrics
- Train, mentor, and onboard new digital staff
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing or advertising
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Search Marketing Manager preferred
- Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a team
- Ability to nurture and retain client and employee relationships
- Deep understanding of how Paid Search/SEM interacts with Display Media, Paid Social, SEO, Mobile, Social, and Attribution
- Strong knowledge of optimizing campaigns and bid strategy according to the client’s KPIs
- Ability to use Google Analytics and other Web analytic tools to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns beyond the initial interaction
- Knowledge and interest in the higher education space is a plus
- Strong writing, presenting, and communication skills are a must
- Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and make innovative recommendations that drive client goals
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Here’s why you should work for us:
Okay, now that you’ve read all the technical stuff…
Looking for a welcoming, upbeat company that supports your professional growth and puts you on the cutting edge of the higher education marketing industry? You should join us! We’re a fast-growing, innovative team within a well-established company with an unmatched reputation.
Besides getting to do work we’re passionate about, here are some of our favorite parts about working at Carnegie Dartlet:
- Growing company with a family feel
- Reverse commute from Boston—avoid the traffic!
- Flexible work environment
- Fun office events and laid-back culture
- Half-day summer Fridays
- Industry exposure through Carnegie Dartlet's blog, social media, and other forums
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
- Open work space promoting collaboration and team learning
About Carnegie Dartlet:
For more than 30 years, Carnegie Dartlet has been a leader in higher education marketing and recruitment solutions. With access to more college-bound students than any other company, we help colleges and universities meet their enrollment goals. Our cutting-edge digital marketing capabilities deliver customized solutions for our clients.
Our team is energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate about our clients’ goals. We are looking for innovators who can contribute great ideas to our organization. Carnegie Dartlet embraces and affirms diversity of every kind. We are an equal opportunity employer who believes passionately in the power of human connection, knowing that we are strongest when we bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our work. We celebrate differences within our team and actively promote inclusion in our workplace.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and résumé, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.